Micro Kjeldahl method distillation apparatus
Measuring nitrogen content in protein or amino acid
〈 How to measure 〉
- Preprocess sample by sulfuric acid. Change all ammonium from ammonia nitrogen to ammonium sulfate. Put ammonium sulfate in flask 6.
- Put caustic soda in the flask 6 to change alkaline.
- Put sulfuric acid in flask 17 to soak tip of the tube inside.
- Heat flask 6 to absorb all ammonium vapors.
- Take out part of the absorbed liquid. Analyze ammonium ion from sulfate consumption by Neutralization titration or Absorption spectrophotometry.